Listen to Your Body

Today I woke up still feeling tired. I don’t know what’s going on but lately it seems my body is trying to tell me something. I like having a cup of wine or a beer when it’s been a good productive day or a stressful one but lately that has not been the case. I don’t have that urge to reach out for anything alcoholic.

The last time I felt this way was on my trip to Japan. I did not have the urge to drink and I was mad at myself for it. I should be celebrating having a good time on my trip having a couple of drinks. So I still had fun minus the drinking. When we got back home, I still wasn’t feeling myself. I felt so tired but I thought because I was jet lagged since it’s a 12 hour flight. I wasn’t in pain but something felt off. I decided to buy a pregnancy test even though I wasn’t getting any pregnancy signals besides my breast feeling sensitive but I thought it was my period so I didn’t think much of it. I was pregnant and I couldn’t believe it. After going to the doctors and getting checked, I was almost 4 months pregnant. So my body was trying to tell me something. This was back in 2014 and Zelda was born.

The second time my body was acting up was 2 years later. Again, I didn’t feel the urge to drink. I told my husband this feeling feels similar to the first time but slightly different. I bought a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was 2 months pregnant. A few months later, Link was born.

I’m having that same feeling again. I don’t want to drink, I’ve been feeling tired for the past 3 days, and my breast were sensitive a few days ago. After my 2 previous experiences, I can be pregnant because the signs are there but I’m getting ahead of myself.

It’s hard to believe because I’ve had the birth control implant since last year and it’s good for another 2 years. It’s 99% effective leaving only 1% chance of getting pregnant. I need to get a pregnancy test so I can get it out of the way. If it’s not that, I don’t know then and I can’t go to the doctors without having a reason. I’m not feeling sick; just something is off.

The lesson here is: Listen to your body because it’s trying to tell you something. I don’t know what’s mine trying to say yet but I’m going to figure it out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s